About AOA and registration
The Aardig Onderweg Award has been renewed! After 7 years of the Aardig Onderweg Awards there is a new concept, a new AOA. In 2018 the focus has shifted from offline to online with two beautiful offline moments, the pitchday and the finals.
For the Aardig Onderweg Award we are looking for people who come up with innovative, technical and sustainable solutions that make the region of Rotterdam more beautiful, smarter and more sustainable. These initiatives are already making progress, but they can still use a helping hand. The winner of the Aardig Onderweg Award wins:
- A cash prize of € 25,000
- A talk at Tedx Rotterdam 2019
- Online and offline publicity
With the Award and the cash prize we encourage the winner to achieve his / her goal.
The person or group that participates with the Aardig Onderweg Award…
- has a sustainable, innovative, technical or social and unique initiative;
- is already making progress and has the potential to develop the initiative further;
- is original and distinctive;
- likes to roll up their sleeves, is an entrepreneur;
- is not a one-day-fly, but a real go-getter;
- knows how to inspire others;
- makes the region of Rotterdam more beautiful, smarter and / or more sustainable with the initiative!
Registration – pitch – final
Registration is possible from September 4th till October 7th 2018. The jury will make a selection of 20 candidates from all applications. We will announce this selection on the 9th of October. The 20 candidates will all have the opportunity to pitch their idea in 90 seconds to the jury and public jury. This happens on Sunday, October 14th, 2018.
On the pitchday, the jury, the public jury and the online voters choose the three candidates who will go through to the final. In addition, the three candidates receive an assignment from the jury where they can work on with their coach during the weeks up to the finals on November 9th.
On November 9th, the final, the three candidates pitch to the jury one last time. The jury and the online voters determine who is the winner of the Aardig Onderweg Award 2018. Online voting is possible from November 7th for a duration of 48 hours.
How to submit?
For all non Dutch speakers it is possible to sign up via email instead of the registration form, since the form is not in English. Do you want to sign up? Please send the following information to email@example.com.
- First Name + Last Name
- E-mail address
- A vlog about who you are, duration max. 1 minute (not required)
- A short explanation about your initiative and what you want to achieve